Posts Tagged Queensland
A quick note to tickle the interest of the BIT community out there: I have come across a suggestion that recent initiatives on supply chain liability (for the notion see my earlier reblog of Penelope Bergkamp’s piece) may run counter the protection of foreign investment under Bilateral investment treaties. The analysis at issue is directed at Queensland’s chain of responsibility laws. While it is clearly a law firm’s marketing pitch (heyho, we all have to make rain somehow), the issue is real: supply chain liability laws can I suppose under circumstances qualify as regulatory takings just as any other new law.
Or can they?
- Place of performance of multimodal transport. CJEU in Zurich Insurance adds place of dispatch. 16/07/2018
- Palin Granit down under. EPA v Grafil Pty and MacKenzie. 14/07/2018
- Ermgassen v Sixcap Financials: Singapore High Court the first to recognise and enforce under the Hague Choice of Court Convention 13/07/2018
- Kuhn: ‘Civil and commercial’ viz bearers of Greek bonds. Bot AG applies Fahnenbrock’s ‘direct and immediate effect’ and distinguishes Kolassa. 12/07/2018
- The Brussels International Business Court – My notes for the parliamentary hearing. 11/07/2018
Also of noteMy Tweets