Posts Tagged https://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/16-499.htm
Jesner v Arab Bank. Corporate culpability, the substantive question ignored in Kiobel, makes certiorari.
Thank you, Ludo Veuchelen, for alerting me to Adam Liptak’s reporting on Jesner v Arab Bank, in which certiorari was granted by the United States Supreme Court early April. The case may finally have us hear SCOTUS’ view on the question which led to certiorari in Kiobel but was subsequently ignored by the Court: whether corporations can be culpable for violation of public international law. ‘May’ is probably the keyword in the previous sentence.
(Handbook of) EU Private international law, 2nd ed. 2016, Chapter 8, Heading 8.2.
- Farrell and direct effect. Sharpston AG: Patron Saint of examiners. 22/06/2017
- Applying international environmental law principles in Latin-America. 22/06/2017
- Kareda v Stefan Benkö: CJEU rules with speed on recourse claim brought between jointly and severally liable debtors. 19/06/2017
- SCOTUS holding in Bristol-Myers Squibb BMS further restricts personal jurisdiction in State courts. 19/06/2017
- Exxon Mobil: On the law applicable to privileged communications. 18/06/2017
Also of noteMy Tweets