Posts Tagged ECLI:NL:HR:2019:925
Thank you AKD for flagging the Dutch Hoge Raad (Supreme Court) reference to the CJEU in what at the Court is now known as case C-709/19 Vereniging van Effectenbezitters (VEB) v BP. The Hoge Raad’s decision is here, AKD have the questions in English.
The case essentially seeks clarification of Kolassa, Universal Music and Lober, given the specifics in the VEB case as pointed out in the AKD summary: the case concerns a class action, not that of an individual shareholder; no prospectus was specifically addressed at Dutch investors, who instead feel they received incomplete and misleading information that was made public through press releases, websites and public statements by directors; finally the Dutch Supreme Court questions the CJEU on an e-Date accessibility type jurisdictional basis.
One to look out for.
(Handbook of) EU Private International Law, 2nd ed. 2016, Chapter 2, Heading 188.8.131.52.7
Artice 5(3), Article 15, Article 5(1), Bank account, Barclays, Bevoegdheid, Bijzondere bevoegdheid, Brussels I recast, Brussels I Regulation, Brussels Ibis, C-709/19, CJEU, Consumer protection, Contract, Curia, ECJ, ECLI:NL:HR:2019:925, Economic losses, EEX Verordening, https://uitspraken.rechtspraak.nl/inziendocument?id=ECLI:NL:HR:2019:925&showbutton=true, Jurisdiction, Jurisdiction Regulation, kolassa, Kolossa, Lober, Locus damni, Locus delicti commissi, Onrechtmatige daad, Prospectus, Prospectus Liability, Regulation 1215/2012, Regulation 44/2001, Securities, Tort, VEB v BP, Vereniging van Effectenbezitters
- NMBS v Mbutuku Kanyeba et al. A very relaxed CJEU on the notion of ‘contract’ (in EU transport law). 14/11/2019
- PrivatBank v Kolomoisky and Boholiubov. The Court of Appeal reverses the High Court ia on abuse of the anchor mechanism. Further consideration, too, of the reflexive effect of Article 28’s lis alibi pendens, and of Article 34. 12/11/2019
- Saugmandsgaard ØE in Libuše Králová v Primera Air Scandinavia: the Feniks ‘contractual relation’ train thunders on, yet restraint is shown on the consumer section, even for package travel. 11/11/2019
- Swamdi Ramdev v Facebook, Google, Youtube et al at the Delhi High Court: Worldwide removal ordered without much hesitation. 05/11/2019
- VEB v BP: locating purely financial damages in cross-border securities class actions. 30/10/2019
Also of noteMy Tweets