A boutique blog and legal practice on niche areas of the law. Recent developments in conflict of laws; WTO law; environmental law.
« Belgian parliamentary watchdog upholds unstunned slaughter, protects Shechita (kosher) and Zabihah (halal).
The Brussels Court of Appeal is spot on on Facebook, privacy, Belgium and jurisdiction.
- Dutch Supreme Court advisors suggest Court of Appeal judgment upholding State duty of care in climate litigation should stand. 20/09/2019
- Saugmandsgaard ØE on Rome I’s lex societatis exception applied to trusts /’Treuhand’ in Verein für Konsumenteninformation v TVP Treuhand. 19/09/2019
- Weco Projects ASP v Zea Marine Carier GmbH: Court-appointed surveyor’s powers in the light of arbitration. 16/09/2019
- Principles, principles everywhere. First test of the ‘energy solidarity’ principle in Poland v EC (Nordstream /Gazprom). 11/09/2019
- Salvoni v Fiermonte. CJEU confirms quasi-notarial nature of Brussels Ia’s Article 53 certificate, other than for provisional measures. Consumer protection cannot be raised at that stage. Also rejects interpretative force of substantive consumer law rules for jurisdictional issues. 06/09/2019
Also of noteMy Tweets