A boutique blog and legal practice on niche areas of the law. Recent developments in conflict of laws; WTO law; environmental law.
« Belgian parliamentary watchdog upholds unstunned slaughter, protects Shechita (kosher) and Zabihah (halal).
The Brussels Court of Appeal is spot on on Facebook, privacy, Belgium and jurisdiction.
- Merinson v Yukos: Dutch settlement following employment contract. Appeal denied. England has full jurisdiction as domicile of the defendant. 17/06/2019
- Bobek AG in Salvoni v Fiermonte. Brussels Ia’s Article 53 certificate and consumer protection. 11/06/2019
- The internet’s not written in pencil, it’s written in ink. Szpunar AG in Eva Glawischnig-Piesczek v Facebook, re i.a. jurisdiction and removal of hate speech. (As well as confirming my reading of his Opinion in Google). 07/06/2019
- The CJEU in Weil: assessment of the scope of application of Brussels Ia at the A53 certificate stage; and a narrow reading of the matrimonial exception. 06/06/2019
- CeDe Group v KAN. Bobek AG on the intricate applicable law provisions of the Insolvency Regulation (here: concerning set-off). 04/06/2019
Also of noteMy Tweets